Department: Housekeeping – Performs work in all areas of the medical center including patient and non-patient areas.
Hours: Fulltime (80 hours per biweekly pay period)
JOB DUTIES & RESPONISIBLITIES:
Responsible for keeping buildings and grounds in clean and orderly condition. Duties may include:
- Gather and empty trash.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Performs cleaning of all floor areas, such as vacuuming, sweepings, mopping, stripping, scrubbing, waxing, burnishing, buffing, steam-cleaning, shampooing, etc. as directed.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Assist with remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas, using snowplows, snow blowers, and snow shovels, and spread snow melting chemicals.
- Assist with ground maintenance including mowing and trimming.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets, meetings, and maintenance work.
- Duties may include tending furnace and boiler, performing routine maintenance activities, notifying management of need for repairs.
- Provide helicopter ground safety per policy.
- Provide courier service as needed to transport lab samples to other medical facilities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current driver’s license
- Integrity and ability to work independently
- Previous janitorial experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize assignments and manage time efficiently
- Basic math skills
- Ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, carrying, pushing, pulling, and handling materials and objects. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to operate and use janitorial tools, equipment, and supplies such as floor buffers, vacuum cleaners, and cleaning compounds and solutions.
- Knowledge of safety hazards and proper use of various cleaning and sanitizing solutions.
- Ability to perform basic repairs and operate tools or equipment used in routine maintenance.
- Ability to interact with staff, patients. and visitors while remaining professional, polite, and courteous.
Apply online at https://www.fcmc.us.com/employment/job-opportunities/