Position Title: Human Resource Business Partner
Reports to: Director, Human Resources
Location: Charles City, IA
The HRBP position is responsible for supporting assigned teams, functions and departments with all people related activities – including but not limited to recruitment, training/development, culture/engagement, employee relations, performance management, and compensation/benefits and other people related duties as assigned. The position serves as an advocate and consultant to management on human resource-related issues. The successful HRBP acts as an employee champion and change agent. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs and communicates needs proactively within the HR department and to business management. The position forges partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that support the accomplishment of business objectives of the organization.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Culture Advocate and Employee Experience Champion – Serves as a sounding board for employee questions and concerns. Aggregates feedback from a variety of sources (employee survey results, performance feedback, and ongoing communication forums) to guide recommendations and actions to continually improve the employee satisfaction with our workplace culture.
- Trusted Partner in Talent Development – Works with leaders to conduct talent reviews and build training plans. Collects, aggregates and tracks individual and team training and development needs. Helps identify and procure training and development programs, courses, mentoring and OJT opportunities. Leverages internal and external resources to offer a diverse mix of traditional and online courses, technical and non-technical, compliance based and elective training opportunities.
- Go-To Resource for Employee Relations/HR Compliance – Works collaboratively with HR Director to provide advice, coaching and counsel to leaders and employees on HR programs, policy and procedures, employment/labor laws, and conflict resolution. Conducts investigations and has ability to manage delicate situations with fairness, identifying appropriate outcomes balancing employee and employer interests. Provides HR expertise in the areas of feedback, performance management, employee relations, development and coaching, policy and procedure revision and organizational development.
- Recruiting and Talent Attraction Partner – Supports managers in workforce planning, PRFs, job description development and interviewing to ensure staffing needs are met. Works with HR colleagues and recruiting partners to ensure recruitment sources are sufficient to attract top candidates. Works with administrators to successfully manage multiple candidate and interviewer calendars and seamlessly coordinate a high-volume and fast-paced interview and selection process, to ensure an effective recruitment process from initial screening through offer of employment.
- Supports Industry Leading Rewards and Recognition Strategies – Collaborates with managers on talent review. Supports merit, promotion and salary adjustment processes, accurately reflecting changes in HRIS system. Also provides advice and guidance on recognition and appreciation support programs.
- Special Projects Resource – Welcomes the opportunity to lend a helping hand and be an additional resource in support of special projects that arise in the People & Culture team. Is quick to raise your hand, volunteer to help and lend administrative support to leaders/managers as necessary or requested.
All employees are required to adhere to DEA, EPA, FDA and cGMP regulations as they relate to the operation of the Company; and to adhere to all company safety rules and procedures. All employees are expected to report to work regularly and promptly. Other duties relating to departmental mission, not specifically detailed in this section may be assigned.
Skills and Qualifications (includes Educational and Technical)
- Combination of 5-10 years of relevant education or work experience.
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing workforce preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws relating to key areas of policy, benefits and HR.
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification a plus.
- Keeps Customer Focus: serves as an internal resource and partner to managers and employees, is highly responsive, respects relationships at all levels, and focuses on meeting/exceeding commitments
- Always Pursues Better: takes personal responsibility to learn and grow, works collaboratively with colleagues toward successful completion of department and project goals, adapts to changes with a positive attitude; prioritizes simultaneous, diverse responsibilities as needed
- Maintains Confidentiality: never passes on confidential information to those outside Mikron and takes great care and pride in ensuring confidential information and data is kept secure
- Leads with Ethics: acts with integrity in all situations, treats everyone fairly and consistently, maintains confidentiality, escalates employee issues as necessary
- Values Teamwork: values input from colleagues and collaboratively finds the most practical solutions within schedules and deadlines, solves and learns together with the team as issues arise
- Displays Flexibility: is agile and works effectively in a dynamic environment with a steady hand taking on change in stride; is confident with ambiguity and creates order from chaos
- Improves Process Efficiency – Shows unwavering attention to detail and strives for perfection in all duties and responsibilities. Identifies inefficiencies in processes, systems and procedures and offers practical solutions to improve and maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Embraces Technology – Utilizes our technology systems efficiently and accurately to improve access and utilization, supports data collection, and generates reports and information to inform better decision making.
- Supports the Team – serves as back-up for payroll, recruiting and general support of the People & Culture team. Performs other ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Shows Respect for Others: always maintains professional interaction and positive demeanor with colleagues, customers, vendors, and others, continuously improves communication skills, openness, and respects differences
- Communicates Effectively: clearly and promptly addresses issues as they arise, fosters an environment of innovation and feedback by professionally and appropriately offering input
- Self-directed with proven organizational skills and attention to detail, including the ability to effectively handle multiple, concurrent projects and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of sensitive and confidential issues.
- Excellent ability to think proactively, anticipate business needs and drive solutions.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Strong Emotional Intelligence skills to increase your own and others’ success
Please apply online at: Human Resources Business Partner in Charles City, Iowa | Careers at Cambrex (icims.com)