Position Title: Customer Service Representative II
Reports to: Customer Service Manager
Location: Charles City, IA
The principle purpose of the Customer Service Representative II is to support API sales for Cambrex Charles City and other global locations. They will also be responsible for performing various customer service functions including assisting customers with questions, account management and product delivery.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Set up and maintain customer accounts.
- Receive and process orders from customers and enter into appropriate order management system
- Work with sales team to create pricing quotes for domestic and international customers
- Prepare necessary paperwork for receipt of incoming international shipments and outgoing customer shipments/samples. Maintain and update individual customer order log and customer files
- Schedule carrier for both incoming and outgoing shipments to ensure efficient delivery of material to Cambrex and/or the customer
- Ensure proper labeling of product shipments
- Coordinate with the Director of Regulatory Affairs and the Director of Material Resources when shipping hazardous samples or shipments
- Prepare shipping order documentation and maintain shipping order log
- Respond to customer inquiries or complaints regarding all company products or services. When necessary, consult Cambrex management and sales team for assistance
- Identify and develop methods to efficiently manage order fulfillment
- Enter purchase requisitions as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
All employees are required to adhere to EPA, DEA, FDA and cGMP regulations as they relate to the operation of the Company; and to adhere to all company safety rules and procedures. All employees are expected to report to work regularly and promptly. Other duties relating to departmental mission, not specifically detailed in this section may be assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent. College or technical training preferred.
- Three or more years office experience preferably in Customer Service, or related area.
- Strong organizational skills and oral/written communication.
- Proficient in windows based environment including word processing, spreadsheet and database programs.