Job Code CCADC-0309
Job Title: IT Technician/Switching
Reports To: IT Network Administration Manager
Department and Location: IT- Rudd, Iowa (Monday-Friday TBD)
Salary: DOE / Non-Exempt
Basic Job Function:
To work with servers and network equipment as it relates to company(s) business. Plan, implement, troubleshoot and support projects for future developments of the network. Support ongoing efforts as they relate to sales and service culture and technology associated to maximize the experience. Develop strong working relationships with internal departments to maximize effectiveness of internal and external business systems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and maintain core network and transport equipment
- Juniper Networks, preferred
- MetaSwitch / Ribbon Networks
- Proficient in core routing and switching protocols
- VPN Technologies
- Proficient in voice transport and associated protocols
- Knowledge of VMWare and underlying network elements
- Install/Support/Maintain CO related equipment
- Network platforms
- Fiber Optic Systems
- DC Battery Plants
- Equipment racks/cabinets
- Work with adjacent departments when troubleshooting core systems
- Perform maintenance of critical systems outside normal business hours to minimize impact
- Support LAN users and related technology items
- Troubleshoot and work with customers experiencing internet and video connectivity problems
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: (continued)
- Support outside plant staff when working on customer trouble tickets
- Completion of customer service orders for IT & Plant
- Assist in the implementation of company initiatives involving IT related projects
- Support end users with training, installation and implementation of software programs
- Work closely with IT Network administrator to ensure network is operating efficiently and securely
- Work to achieve company goals in effectiveness, efficiency, and overall profitability
- Assist with the completion of switch installations, maintenance and translations
- Be punctual and reliable for scheduled work hours and workdays
Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel to attend meetings as directed by management. The ability to lift 50-75 lbs if needed. The ability to work long hours including evenings and weekends. The ability to verbally communicate effectively with supervisor, Managers, Directors and external audiences. The ability to carry out the function and responsibilities of the job. Work out of the Rudd, Iowa location.
Education, Certification and/or Training Qualifications:
- High school diploma/technical degree/BA/BS preferred or equivalent in work experience
- Must have demonstrated competencies in network administration, installation, switching, and support
- Experience with computers and advanced PC skills with Microsoft Office Software products including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Knowledge and experience with special circuit installation and maintenance
- Strong self-motivation with a driving desire for success.
- Proven attendance and dependability.
- Ability/desire to learn quickly.
- Ability to maintain composure while completing variety of tasks and working with multiple customers in a fast-paced environment.
- Puts the customer first and looks to exceed customer expectations.
- Positive Attitude
- Maintains professional business dress appearance and serves as exemplary Ambassador for OmniTel with external customers and vendors.
- Actively participates on a dynamic team.
- Exhibits an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Takes accountability for personal and team performance.
It is preferred that you email resumes and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and please reference Job Code CCADC-0309. Resumes and applications may be mailed to Omnitel Communications, 608 E Congress, PO Box 518, Nora Springs, Iowa 50458. Deadline for applying is May 30, 2021.