Site Sourcing Manager
This role is part of Global Strategic sourcing and is responsible for delivering tactical, strategic, and operational performance of biologic raw material supply ensuring commitments to P&L, quality, continuity of supply and lost sales objectives are met. This role will also contribute to the development and execution of GSS strategic objectives to ensure achievement in meeting assigned biologic platform objectives.
- Drive site initiatives to reduce the costs of purchased goods and services.
- Ensures that all Procurement activities are carried out in an ethical manner and in conformance with all Zoetis policies.
- Generate and update ongoing cost reduction plan and budget for the site by working closely with Category Managers and Site Management
- Ensure the continued execution of planned and opportunistic cost reduction initiatives to deliver and exceed annual budget.
- Ensure that suppliers provide products and services to the timing and quality standards required
The role will report to the relevant Biologics Platform Procurement Leader and have a strong relationship with the site Leadership team
Key measures will include manage appropriate aspects to ensure ongoing delivery of best value proposition for Zoetis (cost, quality service): savings achievement, impact upon budget, material availability and supplier performance.
- Own and be accountable for site budget for direct materials, defining and providing standard costs and Purchase Price Variance delivery
- Work closely with Biologics Platform Procurement Leader to provide input into direct materials and roll out central agreements which have a beneficial impact on Site costs (Raw Materials and Indirect materials)
- Define and execute sustainable and continuous cost reduction (CIP) projects for the Site, working closely with Site Management and Category Managers
- Prioritize and deliver improvements in Indirect material cost reduction
- Responsible for all aspects of Costs including continuity of supply and risk
- Monitor supplier performance and ensure that acute and chronic supplier performance issues are addressed to avoid disruption to manufacturing or supply
- Support resolution of major quality issues arising with a supplier on the delivery of their goods, or related to unacceptable findings resulting from a quality audit
- Ensure that new suppliers are qualified in compliance with internal Change Control procedures and systems
- Observe and ensure the compliance to GSS policies and procedures
- Assure purchasing activities comply with site and government policies. Develop and sustain compliance standards that impact GMP.
- Assure the appropriate level of interactions and communications with key site stakeholders (Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain, Quality, Engineering/Technology, Finance, etc.)
- Establish appropriate tools (scorecards, etc) for communication, monitoring progress of implementation and ongoing compliance
- Update and maintain supplier information in corporate change management system in accordance with regulatory standards
- Interpret, oversee and assure the implementation of corporate global policies, site and business specific guidelines and manufacturing SOPs within the site Procurement function
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS with ~ 10 years of experience
- Strong project management skills
- A good understanding of the Manufacturing environment / experience of working closely with and in Manufacturing sites
- An understanding of GMP and the Quality standards required in a Pharmaceuticals business
- Self-motivated with a positive can-do attitude
- Relevant procurement experience i.e., experience of supplier management and achieving measurable benefits.
- Start-up experience for either a site or procurement function
- Project management skills and results oriented with the ability to get things done by working with/through others
- Strong interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Numerate, used to working in Excel, with an analytical skillset capable of both identifying and quantifying cost savings
- SAP and/or Ariba Procurement system experience preferred
- Travel percentage 15% to suppliers
- Able to communicate in English Oral/Written
- English (or other languages) preferred