Aseptic Technician I – Fermination
This Aseptic Technician I position is responsible for executing department specific tasks in accordance with all applicable cGMPs and compliant with Corporate/site procedures, regulations, and policies.
Fermentation: Grow Bacteria following Manufacturing Directions from start to harvest. Includes starting and passing seed in clean rooms to growing seed vessels and production vessels along with inactivation of the Bacteria. Perform downstream processing which may include concentrations, homogenization, and centrifugation. This involves working with stationary and portable equipment and steam.
- Execution of aseptic techniques and clean room procedures or support area procedures in a GMP facility.
- Maintain appropriate departmental cGMP documentation.
- Execute all written procedures, to include Batch Records and SOPs.
- Follow and comply with all financial procedures
- Follow and comply with all site safety procedures.
- Operation of departmental equipment to include set up and take down.
- Effectively work in a team environment and communicate with multiple departments.
- Follow good GMP practices.
- Clean room gowning required.
- Perform Aseptic processing skills while working in a clean room setting.
- Preventive Maintenance of Seed and Production Vessels.
- Maintain accurate inventory.
- Follow Manufacturing Directions
Education and Experience:
- High school education or GED required.
- Post High School education in the Sciences or other related disciplines preferred.
- Good mathematical, science and computer skills preferred.
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills required.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to wear a respirator
- Must be able to reach above shoulder level, bend/stoop, push/pull, and handle/grip frequently.
- Must be able to work scheduled 40 hours with the ability to work overtime as needed.
- Must be comfortable in working in varying temperatures
- Frequent lifting and carrying of 5 to 25 lbs.
- Regular reaching, bending, stooping, and twisting
- Repetitive motion and substantial movement of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers